With the end of the year approaching, we share with you Bee City Canada’s highlights for 2017 and plans for the future.
Bee Cities from coast to coast! Eight new cities joined us, bringing our current total to 10 Bee Cities, spanning from British Columbia to New Brunswick.
Businesses are helping pollinators! Businesses and organizations, like West Queen West BIA de marque et The Bee Shop, have partnered with us through our new Bee Business program. Also, generous support from A. Vogel de marque et Movieposter.com helped us to continue to advocate for pollinators.
Schools are buzzing! Gardens were planted, seeds were saved and young minds at our six Bee Schools de marque et one Bee Campus learned many important things about bees, butterflies and other pollinators.
Much Anticipation for 2018
Our plans for the new year include some exciting, new initiatives.
More Bee Communities – Keep Bee City growing by adding:
- 10 new Bee Cities
- 50 Bee Businesses and organizations, and
- 20 new Bee Schools and Campuses.
- Launch a free regional native seed giveaway program for all Bee Cities and other members.
- Establish six edible and pollinator gardens at schools.
- Organize workshops and field trips to connect students with how food is grown.
- Host free public webinars featuring experts on pollinators and other subjects.
Support our Work
As a charitable organization, our work depends on the generosity of our donors and sponsors. We are confident that, with your help, we can continue to support these initiatives and advocate for the protection of pollinators across Canada.
We close off by wholeheartedly thanking you, our friends across Canada and elsewhere, for your continued support and commitment to our cherished pollinators. 2018 promises to be another busy year and we look forward to it with much anticipation.
Happy holidays to you and your families!
The Bee City Canada team