2018 proved to be another exciting and encouraging year at Bee City Canada, with an ever-expanding list of cities, towns, schools, businesses and other organizations stepping forward and committing to protect the health of our pollinators. By year’s end:
- 13 new cities and towns joined us bringing our current total to 22 Bee Cities, spanning from British Columbia to New Brunswick.
- 11 new businesses and other organizations, including The Calgary Zoo, were designated Bee Businesses.
- 21 Bee Schools, such as The University of Guelph, Western University and Fleming College, committed to educational activities, creating healthy habitats on school grounds and celebrating pollinators!
Early signs for things to come in 2019 have us further excited!
- More Bee City Communities – We have been in contact with several new cities, businesses and schools that plan to join our growing Bee City family in the new year.
- Free Webinars – Look out for our free, public webinars featuring experts on pollinators, plants and other subjects.
We close off by wholeheartedly thanking you, our friends across Canada and elsewhere, for your continued support and commitment to protecting our cherished pollinators. 2019 promises to be another busy year and we look forward to it with much anticipation.
The Bee City Canada team
Please Support our Work
Bee City Canada depends on the generosity of our donors and sponsors. With your help, we can continue to support our school programs, educational activities and work towards creating a more pollinator-friendly Canada.
Bee City Canada is a federally-recognized charity, registration number 745761692 RR0001.