Bee City ApplicationMake a difference by becoming a Bee City and pledging to protect pollinators and their habitats.
Three Simple Steps to becoming a Bee City
A Bee City is a municipality or First Nations community taking action to help pollinators.
1. Fill out the Application Form – Either submit our online application or download and complete the Bee City Canada application form. We recommend that this is completed by a municipal employee(s), your chosen Bee City Liaison(s).
2. Submit the signed Resolution – Download the Bee City Canada Draft Resolution form (in either MS Word or PDF format), make any changes as may be necessary, present it to city/band council and have it signed by the Mayor, Chief or appropriate official.
3. Send for approval – Email your completed Application Form and signed Resolution along with appropriate logo, photos (if available) and 100 word write-up for social media to [email protected] for review. Bee City Canada will notify you as soon as your documents have been approved or promptly request any clarification, if necessary.
If you have any questions about this process, please call 647-546-3890.
Once approved, Bee City Canada will declare you a Bee City and provide a Declaration Certificate.
1. Celebrate being a Bee City through public awareness activities, by posting Bee City Canada signs around your community and by taking part in International Pollinator Week. Promote your activities through the web, social media and signs in your community.
2. Execute your resolution and make an impact in your community. Meeting your goals is vital and a change worth talking about.
3. Record your activities and renew your Bee City commitments, year-after-year.
There is no initial fees to become a Bee City, so in other words the 1st year is free. Fees will be applied to annual renewals. Fees are used to offer resources such as educational “Buzz” webinars, a Canada wide Pollinator Pledge, and in the future, organizing regional Bee City gatherings, online and in person. Annual renewal fees are scaled to population size and if the fees pose a concern, please contact us directly.
|Less than 5000 population||FREE|
|5000 – 10,000 population||$150|
|10,001 – 25,000 population||$200|
|25,001 – 50,000 population||$300|
|50,001 - 100,000 population||$400|
|100,001 – 250,000 population||$500|
|250,001 – 500,000 population||$750|
|500,001 – 1,000,000 population||$1000|
|+ 1,000,000 – population||$1500|