Bee City ApplicationMake a difference by becoming a Bee City and pledging to protect pollinators and their habitats.
Three Simple Steps to becoming a Bee City
A Bee City is a municipality or First Nations community taking action to help pollinators.
1. Complete application – Download and complete the Bee City Canada application form. We recommend that this is completed by a municipal employee, your chosen Bee City Liaison.
2. Adopt resolution – Download the Bee City Canada Resolution form, present it to city/band council and have it signed by the Mayor, Chief or appropriate official.
3. Send for approval – Email your completed application and signed resolution forms to [email protected] for review. Bee City Canada will notify you as soon as your documents have been approved or promptly request any clarification, if necessary.
If you have any questions about this process, please call Shelly Candel at 647-402-0133.
1. Celebrate being a Bee City through public awareness activities and by taking part in International Pollinator Week. Promote your activities through the web, social media and signs in your community.
2. Execute your resolution and make an impact in your community. Meeting your goals is vital and a change worth talking about.
3. Record your activities and apply to renew your Bee City designation, year-after-year.
There is no initial fee to become a Bee City. Fees will be applied upon your first renewal and every year after. Fees are used to offer cities more resources such as educational “Buzz” webinars and in the future, organizing reginal Bee City gatherings. The annual renewal fees are scaled to population size and are subject to change.
|Less than 1000 population||FREE|
|5000 – 10,000 population||$150|
|10,001 – 25,000 population||$200|
|25,001 – 50,000 population||$300|
|50,0001 – 100,000 population||$400|
|100,001 – 250,000 population||$500|
|250,001 – 500,000 population||$750|
|500,001 – 1,000,000 population||$1000|
|+ 1,000,000 – population||$1500|